I assist students to prepare for auditions with:
- School orchestra chair auditions
- Colorado All State Orchestra
- The Denver Young Artists Orchestra (DYAO)
- The Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestras (CYSO)
- College auditions
Additional audition coaching typically includes aspects of preparation, including:
- Technical preparation
- Periodic public and group private performances
- Recording and reviewing
- Helpful reminders to explore the purposeful awareness of mind/body/spirit (breathing, meditation, visualization and self-talk)
- Age-appropriate reading material for older students may include The Art of Possibility, Sports Training for Life, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and/or the student’s own sources for spiritual guidance.
- When appropriate, I recommend yoga for string players as a way to handle muscular tightness and stress.